A Short Health Quiz – how much do you know ?
How much you know about nutrition informs the kinds of choices you make for your children. Take our short health quiz to rate your knowledge. Answers and explanations are provided at the end of the quiz.
1. Babies should be breast fed exclusively for how many months to give them the best start in life?
a) 2 months
b) 4 months
c) 6 months
d) 9 months
2. A 12oz Soft Drink contains how many teaspoons of sugar?
3. If you drink one soft drink a day, how many pounds will you put on in a year?
a) 8 lbs
b) 2 lbs
c) 20 lbs
d) 14 lbs
4. Which of the following snacks contains 100 calories or less?
a) 1 1/2 cups grapes
b) 2 finger Kit Kat
c) 2 cups non-buttered popcorn
d) All of the above
1. c) Breastfeeding exclusively for 6 mths gives you child the best start by reducing chance of developing asthma, diabetes and other illnesses
2. b) Yes, one soft drink has 10 teaspoons of sugar, so let’s drink water. Especially when you consider that most soft drinks are sold in 20oz containers.
3. d) 14 lbs in one year from a soft drink a day, another reason to stay away from the soft drinks!
4. d)All of the above. 1 1/2 cups grapes contains 100 calories, a 2 finger Kit Kat contains 80 calories, 2 cups pop corn contains 100 calories.