Why we emphasize yearly health check ups
At Frontier Kids Care we take Health check ups seriously because we know that adult diseases begin in childhood! We journey with you and your children as we take them from birth, through childhood to the end of adolescence with a focus on education and prevention.
These are some of the concerns that we address:
- an age appropriate exam, screens for health conditions, for example, congenital problems in babies, all the way through to scoliosis in teenagers.
Assessment of growth and development:
- Growth parameters help to assess nutritional status, growth disorders, and we use developmental check lists to screen for causes of language delay, and motor disorders, like delayed walking.
Feeding and nutritional advice:
- All the way from feeding advice in the newborn period, introducing solids in the first year of life, healthy eating for the whole family, picky eaters and eating disorders in teens.
Behavioral assessment and advice:
- Screening for developmental disorders such as autism, attention and hyperactivity disorders.
- Advice given at each stage on health, learning and parenting, such as the 4 S’s for calming fussy babies, safety prevention at the 9 month visit ,screening for hypertension in teens, vaccines – the whys and when at at each age and stage.
You can make your child’s check up close to their birthday…an easy way to remember!
Frontier Kids Care will be sending out Happy Birthday reminders so look out for it!
Want to come in for your check up?
Want more information on various topics pertaining to Health Learning and Parenting?